Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Artist's Avatar


Hey guys - got a quickie update tonight. I've wanted to do a particular drawing for a long time now. Akira Toriyama, author of the Dragonball manga series, would always make a little avatar when drawing himself - most commonly a cute robot. A lot of manga-ka do this kind of thing. And though I don't have a manga, I've wanted to portray myself with a cute little avatar. And so, here I am......as a penguin. :)

 photo me_penguin_portrait_1.png

The style, as some of you may notice, is inspired by the penguins from the anime Mawaru Penguindrum (one of my all-time favorite series), given some of my belongings and appearance - such as my Gurren Lagann drill necklace and my geta sandals. Of course, he is an artist, just like myself. Remember this guy, as you may see him more in the future.....

Don't ask how a penguin gets stubble. He's a very MANLY penguin! That's why he has such rosy cheeks!

1 comment:

  1. The chinstrap penguin is as close as I can get, heh.

    ReplyDelete